*DISCLAIMER: If you are a stalker-type individual, Assclown, Ass-monkey, Dicknozzle or some other variation of a socially dysfunctional Ass-hat, reading this blog will cause your retinas to burn straight through the back of your head. Consider yourself warned.

Tuesday, October 20, 2009

The Flowers Have Died


Roses are red,

Violets are blue.
Pull your head out of your ass,
and get a dogdammed clue.

You close your eyes.
You shake your head.
You walk the walk,
but inside, you're dead.

Everyday I search
for some sign of life;
your eyes reflect back
your internal strife.

When people are looking
you turn on your smile;
but your eyes have not danced
in the light for a while.

I simply cannot reach you.
No matter how I try.
You've gone far away
and I do not know why.

Somehow you've made
every moment about you.
You have no argument;
You know it's true.

There are beautiful things
going on in this world;
but I cannot save you.
I'm merely a girl.

I truly love you;
this you should know.
But I love me more,
so I really must go.

There once was a time
when you took my breath away.
That memory is not enough
to make me stay.

The tears have fallen
as you've turned your head.
The missing things
need not be said.

I love you now
as I loved you then.
I wish you well,
until we meet again.

2 comments:

  1. How can she see you when she never even saw herself? Sorry, Cory... for what it is worth, I see you and I think you are amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This wasn't about her, but excellent timing on the kind words. Thank you
    ;-)

    ReplyDelete