*DISCLAIMER: If you are a stalker-type individual, Assclown, Ass-monkey, Dicknozzle or some other variation of a socially dysfunctional Ass-hat, reading this blog will cause your retinas to burn straight through the back of your head. Consider yourself warned.

Saturday, August 29, 2009

Random Post-Op Thoughts

My bandages make me look like I have a f.u.p.a....and that pisses me off a little bit. (C'mon...I never pretended to not be a little vain.)

I am a little amazed and disgusted about where they put my drains. (Holy effing hell! Seriously?!?!?)

I hate Jell-O...but know it is currently my salvation.

Words cannot express how much love and admiration I feel for Jay, Dirk, Big Shark, Ballwin cycles for helping me find another Ridley frame. (This will make me cry for a while I think.)

I am still mad at the Audi store for not disclosing that the trailer component for this vehicle was delayed by Audi...even though they market the hell out of this vehicle's towing capacity and is part of the price of the car.

Yep...

Still pissed.

*takes slow and deep breath*

Moving on...

I hate the trainer but know that:

  1. my dog would would wreck me if I tried my rollers.
  2. I would likely wreck myself and fall off the rollers.
  3. I would possibly not wreck on the rollers but would push too hard and set my progress WAY back.
I hate sleeping in a different room than Jay.

Solid foods are evil right now.

Compression socks are ugly, but I will do my best to make them cool and trendy.

*shakes head at the impossible task above*

Riding the trainer while watching the Dark Knight on mute, listening to Kings of Leon and Facebooking all at once is a very odd experience...yet somewhat distracting. (I'm not doing that now. I am torturing my back sitting halfway up with the laptop. Not as fun or easy as the phone.)

I'm a little jealous and impressed that my kids are still sleeping. (Little shits!)

I can't tell if I am smart or stupid for avoiding pain meds...except they make me sick and puking with lots of stitches and drains near one's hoo-ha is pretty fucking painful, yo!

I want to be with my friends in Sedalia and Otterville...with or without my bike...but I think we all know which way I would lean if given the option.

I'm still quite a bit annoyed that one of the doctors yesterday semi-bashed cyclists for riding our bikes on "her road" and let me know that she drives one of the giant SUVs that go zooming past us on Shepard Rd. (Douche bag.)

How can she be proud of that???

Didn't she take an oath to preserve life? WTF?

SOOOOOO happy she wasn't one of my surgeons because I would have "accidentally" kicked her in her coin slot with my bike-tattooed drive foot when I came out of it...

(This same doctor gave me an issue of People magazine and ranted and raved about Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie even though I was clearly reading, "Roadie: The Misunderstood World of a Bike Racer". Interesting, no?)

I am still disturbed that the fact that I have a vajayjay caused this female doctor to assume that I would read People magazine or give a rat's ass about "adorable" Brad and Angie. I might expect that behavior out of a male doctor, but hello? Read Betty Friedan much?!?!

She additionally asked me why I decided against breast implants and wasn't I concerned about my confidence...?

Ummmm, as a matter of fact, no. I'm actually NOT concerned whether people find my breasts sexy or attractive. So glad you spent all that time in medical school to come out pretty stupid.

*throws snarky thumbs up*

I am pretty impressed with my surgeons who treated my like a human and demonstrated that they were on my team. Their attitude was exactly the calming one I needed before they sliced me open. They ROCK!

I also LOVE that they made me feel super confident and enthusiastic post-op with regard to the surgery.

Additionally, my anesthesiologist knocked me out so peacefully that I wasn't even aware she was doing it...and she did it differently than I have ever been put under. I think I LOVE her and wish I could have seen her post-op to tell her.

I was shocked and impressed with how beneficial it was for me to have worked out on the bike the week leading up to the surgery...even though I took it pretty easy.

I hate how little sleep I got last night, but grateful that Raycer decided to not howl at 4:30am and just let me sleep after Jay went to work. (Nice redemption from yesterday's morning nightmare...and the day before.)

I am disappointed in myself for being in a funk and beating myself up this morning regarding the surgery and the pain.

I am more disappointed that I bawled on the phone to Jay like a big giant baby.

Mostly, I am eternally grateful to all of my friends and loved ones and complete strangers who have sent me well wishes and love though all of this...

Extra love to Jay for going to Whole Paycheck and getting me food, Jessi for picking up The Sass, Ty and Sass for being the world's best kids and going shopping with Jessi for other things I needed, Steph who spent a good portion of her day at work trying to update everyone one my status (so please thank her too!), Cristel for all that she does and offers me every day, Dan for not being mad that I rode my trainer today, Ballwin Cycles for the very beautiful wild flowers, and to anyone I may have left out because yesterday was sort of a blur...

OK, that's about all I can manage sitting up. I gotta go. More later, which may be funny because I don't know how long I'll hold off without the meds.

Peace.

*Please excuse any typos in this blog. My eyes are starting to go a little buggy from a lack of sleep. I will do my best to edit typos later...after an attempt at a nap.*

4 comments:

  1. met you at cross camp, had no idea you were not well, just that you were flying...

    stay strong, and get well soon.

    best to you

    respect
    fm

    ReplyDelete
  2. methinks the dope woman doctor wouldn't know breasts if they slapped her in the face. maybe you could loan her a slice of your confidence since obviously she doesn't have any of her own.

    ReplyDelete
  3. i cry like a baby when i get a cardboard cut. keep up the good work, confidence doesn't have to have a cup size.

    tk

    ReplyDelete
  4. @marc: Loved meeting you at cross camp! You are a trip! Thanks for the kind words. I'll be back in the 'cross saddle in no time.

    @Cleeland: I thought about it, but she wouldn't know what to do with it if I did give her some. I feel kind of sorry for her level of ignorance and self awareness. Poor thing.
    @TK: I'm pretty sure cardboard cuts hurt worse...especially when water hits them!

    *SSSSSSSS! OUCH!*

    ReplyDelete