*DISCLAIMER: If you are a stalker-type individual, Assclown, Ass-monkey, Dicknozzle or some other variation of a socially dysfunctional Ass-hat, reading this blog will cause your retinas to burn straight through the back of your head. Consider yourself warned.

Wednesday, August 5, 2009

The Blur Hits the Wall; Screeches to Halt

I spent a LOT of time writing a long ass blog about the Dirt Crit B race a couple weeks ago, my bruised ribs, and Queen City Crits...

Then realized that:

(a) I had forgotten to write about Tour de Soulard (my most favoritest race to date! Holy hell I LOVE that course! Additionally, it was my BEST race, so that likely played into my loving it.)

(b) I am so burnt out on the whole crit racing thing with all that is going on in my world that the race re-caps read as if they were being spoken by Ben Stein...

(Bueller....Bueller...Bueller...)

*yawn*

(c) I am so mentally gone from road and onto psychocross that any races after July 23rd (the day I picked up the Ridley 'cross bike) were merely a formality...

Sooooo...

A brief catch up...

Soulard effing ROCKED!

I owe a HUGE thanks to a certain fellow racer who threw me a helpful smackdown the night before in the hopes of helping me. He did. I listened. I felt a HUGE weight lift off my training/racing shoulders and literally went out to have fun at Soulard the next morning...actually looked forward to racing that day.

The lack of stress kept me focused during my race and I was able to not only perform better than I have in any crit, but attack and assist...and not die.

I was more than alive enough at the end to pull off an excited sprint instead of rolling across the Finish like a beaten dog.

I think this was the first race where Jay was actually proud of me.

I owe him big hugs for my cornering skills.

(Some girls need jewelery and flowers...This girl has a man who understands her need for handling skills and "gear".)

Screw diamonds! I'll take hand-sewn cx tires for my 404s any damn day!

(Love him!)

Next up, the B race at the Dirt Crits...

It was Ty's birthday and he was ready to race his new Fisher.

A LOT happened in that race.

It rained right before we raced. (Naturally.)

Though I had just picked up the Ridley, I raced on the C'dale and this race convinced me that I will likely not sell Christian (C'dale)...

I crashed twice.

It was a blur for the most part, but Mark Grumpke's take on it was:

"You had a great ride going on the CX bike in the B race until your get off in the field. Hope you are OK. It was a pretty impressive front wheel ride you had for about 15 yards before you launched over the bars. About 9.5 out of 10!"

(Hilarious, yes?)

I got up and chased him down right after that and wiped out 60 seconds later and hydroplaned on a wet left...making a nice slice in my left ass cheek.

It was pretty fantastic...and also witnessed by a VeloForce racer with a flat.

I am pretty sure if I ever lose my job for writing blogs when I should be drafting contracts, I can get a job as a crash test dummy.

*smirk*

Anyway...

I bruised some ribs; could not take pain meds, but got some super groovy muscle relaxers...

We went down to Springfield for the Queen City Crits.

On day 1, I got 2nd.

On day 2 I was spectacularly stoned from the ONE (1) muscle relaxer I took post-race the night prior and was still drooling on myself when it was time to wake up to race.

I slept.

On Thursday I raced the B race in the dirt crits...on the Ridley.

(1) It was super light to carry across the creek.
(2) I need a different saddle. (OUCH!)
(3) If this bike was human, I'd marry it.

Had a blast; did not wreck...but DID lose my sweet ass carbon bottle cage...which then got run over in the race.

Booooo!

(Mad props to Big Shark for replacing it! Big Shark RAWKS!)

I was really sad to see the Dirt Crits come to an end.

This is the one race series that Ty and I do together and next year he might be leaving for college...or just escaping his mom...

*sigh sniffle pout*

...Mmmmmkay, so then it was on to State Crit Championships in Jeff City on Sunday.

This race should have been titled "The Hub Badasses v. Cory".

Kate is one strong, attackin' bad ass.

Jeeze!

Needless to say, they wore me out.

I came in 4th...but...

Steph came in FIRST!

(WOOO HOOOO!!)

I of course got all mooshie with pride and happiness for my friend...

Though it would have been the same if Alice or Kate had won...

...and if by some bizarre occurrence all three of them had gotten severe menstrual cramps and dropped their chains, while at the same time some baby bunnies hopped only in front of them, and I had actually won, I'm fairly certain I would have had a heart attack and dropped dead on the spot.

...as it was, I happily took 4th and called it a day.

I felt the weight lift off my shoulders as I settled into the comfort of knowing my road season was over and relaxed in the sun for the first time all Summer.

I got my barrier and flags out on Monday and hopped on the Ridley at C'wood and introduced my ass to the ground again...

As I rubbed my ass/hip and looked at the blood on my knee I realized that all was pretty much right in my little world.

No comments:

Post a Comment