*DISCLAIMER: If you are a stalker-type individual, Assclown, Ass-monkey, Dicknozzle or some other variation of a socially dysfunctional Ass-hat, reading this blog will cause your retinas to burn straight through the back of your head. Consider yourself warned.

Sunday, April 12, 2009

Ketchup 3.0

Mmmmmmmkay...

To catch you up on what's shakin', here goes:

I bought last minute hold back tickets to Morrissey on Thursday night and then Jay couldn't go, so Hawley had to fill in while Jay worked his fingers to the bone. While I had a good time, I hated that Jay had to miss this because he also missed Kings of Leon and it would have been a great show for him to see. Luckily, Patrick gets Morrissey too so we had fun.

On Thursday, I bagged on my tickets to see All American Rejects because Jay had to work all weekend and couldn't make our weekend trip and seeing him was more important than seeing a band, so we hung out and had a nice dinner with better martinis, gave the tickets to some teenagers and had a proper date night. It was wonderful and worth missing the concert.

I took Friday off so that I could ride before I hit the road for a 6 hour drive to Ft. Wayne, IN for the weekend. I woke up to acute cramps and a rain filled morning and realized that mother nature had bitchslapped my plans.

(There's really nothing more exciting than menstrual cramps and riding in a car in the rain during the first 24 hours of your cycle when you are unable to ingest pain meds. It's pretty super spectacular and everyone should do it at least once!)

I made it to Ft. Wayne alright, but lost an hour since Indiana has officially decided that it would play the Daylight Savings Game and now they are officially Eastern Standard Time. (So cute of them to join the rest of the country!)

Sooooo...when I got to Indiana, it was way later than I planned and getting in a post-drive ride to spin my legs was out of the question.

Saturday we arose later than planned (which "may" have had something to do with the "arrival martini" but likely had more to do with the fact that Ol' Cory was flat out exhausted).

After we ran errands and catered to the children's needs, Chris and I decided that regardless of how effing tired we were and how effing windy it was, we were going out for a ride.

We rode in the wind that proved much colder than this ol' girl had thought it would be and I was happy to arrive home and shiver upstairs to inquire about when we would be leaving for dinner and martinis. (I feel a step program in my future, though frankly, I am still a lightweight at 2 martinis.)

Dinner was super yummy and I was pretty much out cold 10 minutes upon our arrival home.

Easter morning dawned quicker than I ever would have imagined!

That effing Easter bunny kicked my ass when The Sass awoke at 7 effing a.m.!

Holy hell!

Christ himself had not yet risen!

That child has a nose for gifts and chocolate like no other!

Thankfully, the E.B.'s assistant (Lisa) heard Sassy's big mouth and hauled ass downstairs to get "it" all together.

After a brief moment of excitement over waking up the boys and discovering her chocolate and Easter gifts of horse related activities, The Sass settled in for brekky and chilled out...for the most part.

Soon, we were on our way back to St. Louis to attempt to share dinner with Jay, who had missed the weekend fun.

After a close encounter with a stupid driver who thought it would be a super groovy idea to slam on his brakes in the left lane and make a U-turn in the 70 MPH zone, we arrived safely at our destination and had a lovely dinner with Jay who is now sick from working non-stop for over a week.

Duh.

I arrive home to the have my arm twisted by Teresa about the Hermann road race (for which I had not registered, but only registered for the crit and time trial) and added the road race to my schedule and am now officially registered.

While doing that, I also officially changed my racing license to reflect my official team, Fulcrum Racing and somehow my cursor clicked the MTB license and now I guess I have to complete some MTB races so that isn't a complete waste.

My bad!

*snicker*

Now, I am going to bed so that I can awake and train like a good girl instead of the bad girl that I have been for the past 2 weeks.

Peace out, peeps!

No comments:

Post a Comment