*DISCLAIMER: If you are a stalker-type individual, Assclown, Ass-monkey, Dicknozzle or some other variation of a socially dysfunctional Ass-hat, reading this blog will cause your retinas to burn straight through the back of your head. Consider yourself warned.

Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Kissing Girls


This morning as The Sass and I were conducting our super secret dance off/work out, the song "Take me on the Floor" by The Veronicas came on.

There is a part in the song where they sing, "...I wanna kiss a boy...I wanna kiss a girl..."

The Sass looks at me very seriously and says, "I've kissed a girl."

I look at her in amusement (and shock because she seems pretty "in love" with her "boyfriend" Logan).

Also, The Sass is 7 and I really don't want her kissing anyone, no matter the gender.

"Really?" I ask her.

"Yeah. I kiss YOU all the time and YOU are a girl," she giggles at me with sparkle-dusted magic as if I am the densest human on the planet.

I have to laugh.

I want to live in her sweet and magical world forever and poop butterflies and glitter speckled cupcakes.

I want to protect her from a world which will attack her perception of her world at this very moment and attempt to make her beautiful images ugly.

I want to take my world (and so many others') and see it through the eyes of this loving, tree-hugging, animal-worshiping, magic dispensing child goddess...

I want to stay in bed and hold her tight and let her goodness soak through my bones and make me whole.

Instead, I kiss my girl and we continue dancing and jumping around like fools, both secretly hoping the song will never end.

2 comments:

  1. Oh sweet...what great Karma. Love the kiss a** disclaimer at the top. LOL!, janine

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lol. I had some help from my friends with that...
    :-p

    ReplyDelete